SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, October 24, 2016

I Mustache You A Question: LDS Primary Singing time



I needed an idea for after program singing time, but I wanted to give the kids a break from the same old songs/learning a new song. I saw the mustache on a plate idea somewhere(the song was hidden under the mustache) but I wanted to change things up a bit. Cue TRIVIA GAME!!








I titled the game "I Mustache You A Question". I put together a bunch of questions about primary songs (I have the document of questions I used. I'll add them at the end). A few children at a time came forward (I did 3 for lack of time) and answered their question. If they got the answer correct they pulled a mustache off any plate and got to wear it while they helped lead the next song. It was a hit! It brought lots of laughter and smiles to the room, but they were quick to be reverent again because they all wanted a turn.
(For making the Mustache Men)
I cut lots of different looking mustaches out of felt. Laminated a piece of card stock(helped a ton for durability) and hot glued the mustaches to it. Cut the mustaches out and taped them on the plates that I had drawn silly faces on.
(I stuck a few pieces of tape on the area of the plate I would be removing the mustache from over and over again so it wouldn't rip my plates.) After junior primary was over and put a new piece of tape on each mustache and stuck them back on the plates for sr. primary.
The kids had a wonderful time playing and I was happily surprised how well they answered some of the questions. Hopefully this can help someone out. Let me know if you have any questions.
Enjoy!!
-Brooke



I googled primary singing time trivia games and a whole bunch came up. I picked through them, came up with a few of my own and compiled this list of questions. It was the perfect amount.  

1. Complete the title of this song: My Heavenly Father Loves ___________
A. Me               pg. 228 

2. T/F Book of Mormon Stories has 8 verses.
A. True                        pg. 118

3. If on occasion you have found your language is in question...what should you do?
A. Hum your Favorite Hymn                pg.152

5. Does Daniel have his own verse in the Follow the Prophet song?
A. Yes             pg. 110

6.  God gave us families to help us what?
A. Become what He wants us to be.             Song: The Family Is Of God

7.  What is the rainbow song actually titled?
A. When I am Baptized                        pg.103

8.  Scripture power is the power to?
A. Win             song: Scripture Power

9.  What do the chapel doors say?
A. Sh, be still.              pg.156

10.Complete the line:  My life is a gift; my life has a __________
A. Plan             pg.164

11.  How much taller do you have to grow to go on a mission?
A. A foot or two                      pg.169

12.  Why is Saturday a special day?
A. It’s the day we get ready for Sunday                    pg.196

13. What does the little stream do?
A. Give                        pg.236

14. In the song Popcorn Popping is the line
            1. Blossoms popping right before my eyes
                                    or
            2. Popcorn popping right before my eyes
A. Blossoms                pg.242

15.  In the song Our Primary Colors what does red stand for?
A. courage to do what is right                        pg.258

16.  If I had one wish what would it be?
A. To wish a happy birthday to you from me             pg.284

17.  What is the first song in the Songbook?
A. I am a child of God              pg.2

18.  True/False  The following songs appear in the Songbook and the Hymn Book.
            I am a child of God      Teach me to walk in the light
            Families can be together forever
            Called to Serve            I know my Father lives
A.    True

19.  Is the Songbook called:    A. Children’s Songbook
                                                B. Primary Songbook
                                                C. Sing with Me
                                                D. The Friend
A. Children’s Songbook

20.  True/False Feliz Cumpleanos is an Easter song?
A. False                       pg.282

21.  What are we when we are helping?
A. Happy                     pg.198

22.  What does the Snowman do at the end of his song?
A. Melts                       pg.249

23. Where did you live before you came to Earth?
A. Heaven                   pg.4

24. Complete the phrase: I will follow God’s plan ___ ___
A. For Me                    pg.164

25. Who is our living prophet today?
A. Thomas S. Monson             pg.134

26. Who Baptized Jesus Christ?
A. John The Baptist                 pg.100

27. What is your favorite thing to do during Primary?
A. (any answer)

28. How old must you be to be baptized?
A. 8                 pg.104            

29. What are the missing words to this primary song? “I looked out the window and what did I see? _______ ________ on the apricot tree!”
A. Popcorn Popping                pg.242

30. To what song is this the chorus? “ Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way. Teach me all that I must do to live with him someday.”
A. I Am A Child Of God                       pg.2

31. Finish the phrase of this song. “Book of Mormon stories that __ __ __ __ __
A. My Teacher tells to me.                  pg.118


14 comments :

  1. thank you! this is so adorable. sounds like the kids had a blast. I'll use this this sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this and am doing it this sunday! thank you for your idea. would you mind taking group shots like you did a couple of them and emailing me. I love the faces but can't see them all really clear. Thanks for your help and idea melaniejesse@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is FABULOUS!!!! Thank you! Thank You! I am a mom of two busy boys (2 and 5) and sometimes singing time rolls around and i am just plain pooped to come up with anything. You are saving my neck! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Using it for a Father's Day singing time activity. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic Idea! I'm using it for Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm filing this away for the Sunday of our program, four weeks away! A better idea than tape for the mustaches and it won't tear the plate at all. I use "putty" that is sticky and stretchable. I take a small amount and roll it into a small ball. Just place it on the back of your mustache/paper/poster and press down on the roll from the front. It will stick just great, then you can pull off the paper and no mark, no tear, no stain! The best kind is the blue kind although it comes in yellow and white. Each is from a different manufacturer. Elmer's sells the blue putty and it is called Poster Tack. Other brand names are Duck Poster Putty, Elmer's Tac 'N Stik, Loctite Fun-Tak, UHU tac. You can find all these brands on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Discover How To Become A Better Singer ..
    Over 10,000 Singers – Including Professionals, Recording Artists and Even Total Beginners – Have Used The Superior Singing Method To Experience Vocal Breakthroughs .
    Visit http://clickmeterlink.com/sing-better-fast-new

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea for Father's Day or post-program or just for fun. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this idea! I plan on using it tomorrow for singing time. But I was wondering how you got the mustaches to stick to the kids that came up? did you use painters tape? Did they just hold it on their faces with their hands? Thanks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is for those for were waiting for something different to come. Buy seo has launched this new service for all of you. We know that it will make your online life more easier. You would be thinking that the title could have been written in less words with the same idea. The reason of writing it like this is to tell you every detail honestly as comprehensive stands for a detailed form of anything and about buy seo. We exactly offer and facilitates as our topic says i.e. Visit for more details Buy seo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you looking for the best online cryptocurrency exchange website from bitcoin to paypal , then you are you on the right place. Yes! this is one of the best and top website that can transfer or exchange your bitcoin just in three minutes. This is really fast, so do not waste your time anywhere. Just visit this site for more details.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quality products for leather addicts

    Leather products are never hated by anyone as they are not restricted to any event or purpose only. It’s a signature wear and you can easily try it in your parties too. leather addicts. have a vast variety of leather products and best thing is that we give you so many varieties in the products designs too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like fun. I will try this one Sunday. Thank you for this wonderful idea. Our primary children love new games.

    ReplyDelete